-
June 21st, 2007, 10:38 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
I've seen the basic dimension info around
but have never seen exacting info on
the 811,511,311,803,etc. horns.
Is this information available anywhere?
I'd love to model these pieces for historical
preservation in electronic format and make them available to all. Thanks guys...
-
June 22nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
I seriously doubt any casting or construction drawings have survived.
-
June 22nd, 2007, 01:52 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
When altecpro was offering the VOTT they were
displaying new horns. Someone has the original casts
somewhere. Too bad...I'd love to model these somehow without buying horns and playing with vernier calipers.
-
June 22nd, 2007, 01:57 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Perhaps not. The 511-B at Altec Lansing Pro is brand new. Some OEM company in Horn making probably has the drawing or cast.
What happen to all the tech letters is probably in the hands of Altec Pro.
This is just a wild guess.
..............................
-
June 22nd, 2007, 02:06 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
I can't find the new A7 for sale on their site anymore.
-
June 22nd, 2007, 02:08 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Could be, but it's my understanding that EV destroyed a lot of the archives they didn't keep. Anyway, having the molds doesn't imply the drawings still exist or even need to.
-
June 22nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
I can't find the new A7 for sale on their site anymore.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.alteclansing.com/legacy/specs.asp
It's not Altecpro selling them, it's "sparko-altec"
Being the worlds biggest skeptic, you'll have a very hard time convincing me that anyone is casting new 511's or 811's. Too bad because i think with the composites available today, a superior horn could easily be made.
If they have actually sold any A7's at 12K/pr, i suspect the numbers are very very small and i'd bet my money on the horns being refurb'd vintage, media blast and a powdercoat will render a nicer finish than the originals ever saw.
Just my opinion y'all understand.
-
June 22nd, 2007, 11:29 AM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
OK............... so i got sucked in by the pics on the website,

That horn gives up lotsa ghosts in the form of dust,dirt, and fingerprints. Not exactly what i'd approve for a stock photo or a cut/spec sheet.
Is it the "DeLorean" of A7's?
-
June 22nd, 2007, 11:57 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Hi Steve. Not sure what your looking for but I do have all the dimensional specs for both the 811 and 511 horns.
I don't remember where I found them but it shows height, width, Length, distance between holes, distance from front of mounting flange to the face of the driver flange as well as total depth needed if useing an 808 or 807 driver and how far the vanes protrude from the face.
If this info is of value I can see about getting it scanned and posted.
I am sure this info is probably available in the Altec Library but don't know where to locate it now.
Gary
-
June 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks